Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pit Of Fun

 Okay. So I found a wading pool at Walmart for only $6 and I had this brilliant idea to use it as a ball pit in Super E's room. I bought a bag of 100 balls thinking that should be enough to start out with.

Wow! I seriously underestimated the number of balls that it would take to fill up that pool! At this rate it would cost me a small fortune to fill it.
And Super E was looking at me like, "Okay, what am I supposed to do with this?"
 
Then I found this great idea on... you guessed it... Pinterest:
 
I bought 6 pool noodles and cut them up. It worked out great!


The pool noodles actually work out better than the balls because they are softer. Those plastic balls are hard! Another plus is that they are less likely to be thrown. Not saying that your child won't throw the noodles all over the room (Super E does) but they are a lot more likely to throw a ball. I mean, let's face it, balls are for throwing. And if they do throw them, at least they're soft.
A word of caution: I wouldn't recommend the noodles if your child tends to bite or chew on things. They could bite a chunk of the foam off.

 
Questions and comments are always welcome. You can also email me at adventuresofahomeschoolmama@gmail.com.
 
Thanks for stopping by! Please make sure to check back. I'm just getting started but I will be adding new stuff daily.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try making something like this for my dog, but I think I'd have to choose materials that are chew-resistant (as noted in your cautionary comment)! :)...Has this become Super E's favorite new play spot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another idea that I thought of was cardboard tubes (toilet paper or paper towel rolls). Everyone has plenty of these. Of course, if you were going to make something for your dog, you would need to get a hard plastic pool, not the blow up kind like we used. :)

      Delete