Monday, April 15, 2013

Homemade Textured Paint

This is not my favorite homemade paint recipe but it does work well if you are going for a textured finish. I like that it is safe if you are like me and have a little one who likes to taste everything he gets his little hands on (except vegetables, that is).

Here's what to do:
  1. Mix equal parts of flour, salt and water.
  2. Add food coloring to make the paint a desired color.

We whipped up a batch of this paint to make our Easter Sensory Book. When it dried it did crack a little bit. I covered it with a layer of decoupage to help prevent it from cracking further.

 
Questions and comments are always welcome. You can also email me at adventuresofahomeschoolmama@gmail.com.
 
Thanks for stopping by! Please make sure to check back. I'm just getting started but I will be adding new stuff daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment