Saturday, April 27, 2013

Fruity Fizzy Fluff

This is officially my new favorite sensory material. And discovering it was kind of an accident. My intent was for the boys to play with some baking soda and vinegar - make it bubble. For some added fun I mixed in a packet of Blue Raspberry Kool-Aid.
I made sure the Kool-Aid was mixed in thoroughly with the baking soda because I wanted it to turn blue regardless of where the vinegar was dropped.
I filled an empty vitamin dropper bottle with vinegar.
And let the fun begin!
I should have know that Super E wouldn't be content to just watch the magic happen, but I was a bit concerned about him digging in. It was Kool-Aid after all! And blue, at that! He couldn't resist. He had to see what those blue bubbles felt like.
I just knew he was going to end up looking like Baby Smurf! Amazingly, the Kool-Aid didn't stain his hands at all. It smelled great! You couldn't smell the vinegar but the fruity smell of the Kool-Aid filled the house. The boys had a blast!
And then, right when we thought we were finished, we discovered something even cooler. The blue fluff that remained was moldable! You can shape this stuff.
More vinegar...
Wow! The possibilities! I will be adding more ways to play with this fluff in the days to come.


Questions and comments are always welcome. You can also email me at adventuresofahomeschoolmama@gmail.com

Thanks for stopping by! Please make sure to check back. I'm just getting started but I will be adding new stuff daily.

2 comments:

  1. Just curious if he tried to eat any of it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised but he didn't try to eat it. It should have been safe if he had tried to taste it - baking soda, kool-aid and vinegar are all safe to ingest. I don't think the baking soda would be good for you to eat in large amounts but let's be realistic, if he did decide to taste it, I don't think it would happen more than once. I can imagine it doesn't taste as nice as it smells! :)

      Delete